Automatic Meter Reading
Most accounts in REA’s service territory are equipped with an automated reading device. Over the course of the past two years and into 2017, REA will be investing in new metering technology so that efficiency and reliability can be improved, while saving on costs over the long term.
Benefits and capabilities of the new metering system:
- Remote meter reading – monthly readings are sent to the co-op over the power lines.
- Increased ability to track power quality information such as outage/blink history and power quality issues.
- Elimination of estimated bills and reduced billing inaccuracies.
- Energy management cost savings.
- More efficient outage restoration.
Reading Your New Meter