To ensure a safe harvest season:
• Be careful when raising augers or the bed of grain trucks around power lines.
• Use a spotter when operating large machinery near power lines. Do not let the spotter touch the machinery while it is being moved anywhere near power lines.
• Be careful not to raise any equipment such as ladders, poles or rods into power lines. Non-metallic materials such as lumber, tree limbs, ropes and hay will conduct electricity.
• Never attempt to raise or move a power line to clear a path!
• Know where and how to shut off the power in an emergency.
If a vehicle comes in contact with a power line:
• Stay on the equipment
• Warn others to stay away
• Call 911
• Do not get off the equipment until the utility crew says it is safe to do so!
Always Look Up and Live!